Saturday, June 26, 2010

Garbage Pail Kids – Flashback – 2010

Garbage Pail Kids – Flashback – 2010

Pack Cost – $2.00
I wanted to share with everybody my review of the Garbage Pail Kids Flashback cards from Topps from 2010. The pack cost two dollars so it was not that big of an investment and I have fond memories of the cards from my youth so let’s see how they stack up.


Well for your hard earned two dollars you get 10 cards, each card is also a sticker. There is also a chance to get sketch cards, loco motion cards, printing plates, and rare parallels. Now I really don’t have a shot at getting any of those unless I buy a big box of them but I was just hoping for a funny card. I checked  the internet and for about thirty dollars you can get the hobby box which includes 24 packs per box.

The package for the Garbage Pail Kids Flashback cards features a heavy duty plastic wrapper with some bright colorful artwork. I am not really a fan of the cover art for this card set, I think there is too much going on in the package and the bright green stands out too much. Once you break the pack and get inside you have ten cards randomly inserted. There are a few different types of cards you can get such as common cards, rare parallels, sketch cards, printing plates, loco motion cards, “Lost GBKs” cards & “Where are they now?” variations included A & B versions as well as the standard cards.




What is great about the garbage pail kids cards is that each card features a different character and a story. On the back of the cards you will get your choice of GBKs advertisements, comics, puzzle pieces and original card pictures. This adds a great deal to the value of these cards as even if you don’t like the front of the card you might get something on the back that you enjoy.


I enjoyed opening up the cards and getting 10 cards for the price is a good deal. I don’t care for the bright pink flashback text on the stickers however. The cards I got in my pack were not the best ones in the GBKs line but I still enjoy them. Please look forward to a card by card review of each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment